Awarding body for the water & utilities industries.

With the ever increasing demand to enable operatives and supervisors to work safely and effectively on public highways, there is increasing demand for those individuals to hold Street Works Cards, in particular with the relevant Signing, Lighting and Guarding Units. If you are a commercial training centre or employer considering delivering Street Works training and assessment, please call Paul Byrne on 020 7469 2641 for an informal discussion. Alternatively click the link for more details.

Become a CABWI Training Centre

We are a nationally-recognised awarding body

We specialise in vocational qualifications for the water and utilities industries. These include Street Works Qualifications in Excavation and Reinstatement in the Highway, and regulated vocational qualifications.



We offer a range of courses and qualifications in clean and waste water, as well as water efficiency.


Confined Space

These qualifications are for those who have to enter, supervise or manage confined spaces.


Multi Utility

Our multi-utility qualifications aim to provide a multi-skilled workforce for the utilities industries.


Street Works

If you are supervising or working in the highway, you could be required to hold Street Works qualifications.

Who are we?

CABWI is a nationally recognised awarding body, specialising in vocational qualifications for the water & wider utilities industries.

Training centres

We have training centres up and down the country, so when it comes to your next training course, it should be as convenient as it is informative.

Nationwide training

Not only is our training of the highest standard, it is also accessible across the UK. Which means when you or your team need to stay up to date with their qualifications, we should have the perfect location for your vocation.

In Scotland, CABWI works jointly with SQA Awarding Body to ensure that Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) can be incorporated into Scottish Qualifications & Credit Framework (SCQF). You can use our search facility to find the most convenient training centre for you.

Become a CABWI centre

To become a CABWI assessment centre, you will need to apply to deliver the relevant scheme: Street Works or Regulated qualifications. Centres must demonstrate that they have the facilities, resources and expertise required to meet the requirements and our high standards.

You will need to complete and submit a centre application, and an application for each assessor and internal quality assurer who will be involved in delivering qualifications.



As experts in the water industry with years of experience, we are perfectly placed to offer you a range of courses and qualifications in clean and waste water, as well as water efficiency.

Street works

The installation, renewal, maintenance and inspection of underground apparatus in any street or road must be under the control of competent people. So, if you are supervising or working in the highway, you may need a Street Works qualification.

Get in touch

Contact us

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss how we can help

By post

CABWI Awarding Body
6 Bevis Marks
London EC3A 7BA

Call or email

+44 (0) 20 7469 2641